Full course description
The VCU Health Hub is a place-based initiative operated in Richmond’s East End by VCU in partnership with the VCU Health System. The Health Hub opened in May 2019 and is located at the corner of Nine Mile Road and North 25th Street.
The Health Hub uses an innovative health promotion approach that values the importance of community engagement in improving the health outcomes of the residents of the East End. All programs are free and are delivered by a wide range of VCU faculty, staff, and students; VCU Health System healthcare providers; Virginia Department of Health community health workers; and many other partner organizations.
The Health Hub is a catalyst for the community and collaborates in partnership with others to improve social determinants affecting health outcomes by supporting the following services, programs and activities:
- Enrollment, navigation and coordination in health care and social service benefits
- Legal, housing, food, and transportation assistance
- Health promotion, disease prevention, self-care and wellness programs
- Community health events and activities
- Neighborhood outreach, engagement and partnerships
This training module is an onboarding and orientation tool for operating in the VCU Health Hub at 25th and its neighboring community.